Wednesday 12 June 2013 9:00am - 5:00pm
Abortion, motherhood and the medical profession
Tickets are now on sale for this conference, organised jointly by British Pregnancy Advisory Service and the Royal Society of Medicine’s Sexuality and Sexual Health Section.
This one-day conference will explore topical issues in the management of pregnancy and women’s reproductive decision-making. Speakers will address the impact of new developments in pregnancy testing for abortion care, miscarriage, fertility treatment and ectopic pregnancy; the role of fetal imaging in discussions about abortion and the regulation of pregnancy; the impact of policy debates about information, counselling and the abortion law; and the generational experiences of doctors working within the abortion service.
To purchase tickets, visit the RSM website here.
Fetal imaging, and imagining the fetus
- Stuart Derbyshire, Reader in Psychology, University of Birmingham
- Carol Sanger, Barbara Aronstein Black Professor of Law, Columbia Law School
- Zoe Williams, columnist, The Guardian; author, What Not To Expect When You’re Expecting
Information, counselling and the law
- Jane Fisher, Director, Antenatal Results and Choices
- Patricia Lohr, Medical Director, British Pregnancy Advisory Service
- Sally Sheldon, Professor of Medical Law and Ethics, Kent Law School
Testing positive, negative and in between: How the semi-quantitative pregnancy test could transform the management of abortion, miscarriage, fertility treatment and ectopic pregnancy.
- Paul Blumenthal, Professor of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Stanford University
- Roy Farquharson, consultant gynaecologist, Liverpool Women’s Hospital
- Joanne Fletcher, consultant nurse, gynaecology, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
Discussion: A new generation of abortion doctors - challenges and opportunities
- Katharine Elliot, medical student, University of Newcastle
- Richard Lyus, doctor, British Pregnancy Advisory Service
- Mr John Parsons, consultant gynaecologist
To view the full programme and to purchase tickets, visit the RSM website.
For further information, contact Jennie Bristow at BPAS:
(t) +44 7976 414751
For a map of the venue location, click here.